Currently we are looking for a Junior Support Engineer (with Linux) for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
As a Junior Support Engineer focused on open-source support, you'll enable growth of the latest and most popular cloud-oriented technologies by using your excellent technical and customer service skills.
In your daily work you will become part of open source community and provide support to other community members on forums such as Stack Overflow, Sever Fault or GitHub. In this role you will troubleshoot, reproduce and debug a wide range of technical issues, respond to product related questions and help to resolve concerns of the community. You will have a chance to support products like Kubernetes, Istio and TensorFlow on bare metal as well as on major cloud platforms. Among your many attributes, you should have strong customer centric communication skills and an excellent understanding of Cloud computing and web technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to use your technical expertise and communications skills at the same time. In this team you will get the chance to become a global Kubernetes expert which is the technology that will become fundamental in any DevOps position in the next years.
- Experience in systems engineering (Linux)
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux systems
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Previous experience in support role
- Excellent communication in English
- Bachelor's degree with preference in a technical or science major such as Engineering
- Computer Science, Math or equivalent work experience in IT
- Customer focus and good troubleshooting skills
Nice to have
- Don't worry, we will teach you!
- Good understanding of virtualization and containers (theoretical knowledge is enough)
- Basic understanding of Container orchestration and Cloud Computing (theoretical knowledge in enough)
- Good understanding of networking
- Cool to have:
- Hands-on experience with GCP or other major cloud platform
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted