Senior Java Developer DescriptionJob #: 49371
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Developer for our Krakow office to strengthen our team.
Are you an enthusiastic Software Craftsman with passion for quality demonstrated with Agile and TDD?
Do you know how to build robust and scalable Java backend applications?
Are you not afraid of complex finance domain?
The role we are advertising involved working on the project with two technology stacks: one that we should maintain and when needed we should develop new features there and the second one that we are currently implementing from scratch with the first release date planned for February 2020. There is a possibility that if the new stack succeeds, there will be green light to rewrite the sold solution.
Both applications are designed as a mission critical near real-time high throughput event processing.
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world. Our software is a heart of Investment Bank - we are in charge of reporting each and every OTC (Over-the-counter) transaction. The team is implementing a number of strategic projects to process and report data to global regulators in a complete, accurate and timely manner (we're processing millions of messages daily with strict SLA).
You will be cooperating with multiple teams located in Krakow, Wroclaw, and London. We are a team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. Our teams choose the development methodologies that suit them best, from Kanban and Scrum to TDD. We use the best tools for the job including Java 8, Groovy, Spring, Spring Boot, Oracle, Docker, Kafka, Flink and related ecosystem, as well as in house developed frameworks.
As a Java Developer you'll play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed and lead technical design discussions with other Java Developers. Our culture centers around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future. We are fast moving Agile team delivering in monthly cycles constantly collaborating with our stakeholders.
As regulations cover all aspects of the bank, the role will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of many financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume Cash Equities to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
- Develop and maintain Java-based applications
- Design infrastructure / network topology solutions for innovative projects
- Apply best development practices to produce code and effectively utilize technologiesg
- Provide your expertise and architectural assistance to other team members
- Build relationships with users and facilitate requirements gathering
- Investigate and resolve production issues, help maintaining a stable production environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and implementing Java-based backend applications
- Experience with Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot or Java EE
- Knowledge of database design and SQL including query optimization
- Exposure to UNIX / Linux environment with shell scripting
- Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, understanding of design patterns, concepts like OOD, TDD, BDD, DDD, CI / CD
- Produce clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
- Proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, etc
- Familiarity with debugging and performance tuning along with a good understanding of deploying, maintaining and monitoring complex Java applications
- Knowledge of modern technical architectures and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience or a strong interest in financial products
- Familiarity with event driven architectures, stream processing
- Experience with other JVM languages such as Groovy
- Hands-on experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Experience with GitHub, ELK Stack, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Batch, Spring Integration
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted