Hardware Development Project Manager DescriptionJob #: 51464
ABOUT EPAM SYSTEMS
Established in 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) is recognized as a leader in software product development by independent research agencies. Headquartered in the United States, EPAM serves clients worldwide utilizing its award-winning global delivery platform and its locations in over 26 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. EPAM was ranked #6 in 2013 America's 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies and #3 in 2014 America's Best Small Companies lists by Forbes Magazine.
EPAM IN HUNGARY
This multinational company with Hungarian roots is assigned a prominent role in its international growth to its Hungarian offices in Budapest, Szeged and Debrecen. In Hungary currently 1400+ IT Engineers help the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer and deliver software that changes the world. We are in the heartbeat of EPAM, running a large scale of projects and technologies – which provide long-term international career path, travelling and even relocation opportunities for our colleagues.
We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Currently we are looking for a Hardware Development Project Manager who serves as an expert in all phases of a project life cycle, is our clients' primary point of contact for matters pertaining to active projects and is responsible for managing internal team workflow and task assignments.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our global client is developing a new, state of-the-art lab automation system that solves the problem of transporting thousands of blood samples among dozens of testing machines housed in large laboratories. The system is modular so it could be used in labs with different layouts and equipment.
Designing such a complex system poses challenges for engineers such us tracking and commanding thousands of units at once, orchestrating the operation of vast amounts of sensors and actuators while also managing power consumption and heat dissipation.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager in hardware development projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to continuously improve project management tools and techniques in order to organize, manage and optimize multiple project teams. Able to develop knowledge base and share within a community
- Excellent leadership abilities and able to engage and inspire people as well as be a decision maker for critical issues
- Ability to work with and manage external partners
- Ability to maintain high level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to represent our company at all times with professionalism and integrity
- to Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate expertise in all phases of a project lifecycle
- Quickly gain an understanding of our client’s, industries’, business’ and project’s objectives
- Interface daily with clients as the primary point of contact
- Analyze and prioritize project activities and client needs, while establishing realistic deadlines
- Achieve consensus among diverse and dissenting viewpoints, while effectively translating ideas into prioritized and actionable steps
- Create, maintain and present project plans and other relevant project documentation
- Create project status reports, client friendly schedule, milestone and deliverable progress materials for our clients
- Manage internal team workflow and task assignments
- Collaboration with teams of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, embedded software engineers, quality engineers and industrial designers to problem solve and execute project challenges while delivering high quality on time and on budget
- Have a “can-do” attitude that fosters a positive productive working environment, especially in stressful or pressured situations
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and provide hands-on troubleshooting and best available solutions
Nice to have
- Experience in responsible leadership and managerial functions on a number of large size projects, multiple simultaneous projects or small programs with average monthly workload in the range from 25 to 100 FTE
- Proven track record of leading implementations, on time and within budget
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, high speed, high growth corporate environment
- Diverse multicultural, multi-functional, and multilingual work environment
- Opportunities for personal and career growth in a progressive industry
- Global scope, international projects
- Widespread training and development opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Competitive salary and various benefits
- Sport and social teams support, recreation area, advanced CSR programs