Senior Data Architect DescriptionJob #: 61970
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are looking to strengthen our Data Practice by hiring technically hands-on Data Solution Architects to join our Netherlands team and deliver end to end client projects. These are high profile and visible roles within both EPAM and onsite with our clients where you will have a high degree of flexibility to own and enhance the technical landscapes.
You will work closely with the EPAM leadership data teams and get involved in pre-sales activity with potential new clients as our business continues to expand.
- Design data analytics solutions by utilising the big data technology stack
- Create, present and advocate solution architecture documents and approaches with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to the customer and participate in technical meetings with customer representatives
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the big data space
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience in big data solutions on premises and on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud), have hands on experience mapping big data components to particular cloud services
- Production project experience in at least one of the big data technologies
- Batch processing: Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark/Hive
- NoSQL databases: Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo/Kudu
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
- Experience working within a consulting business and pre-sales experience would be highly attractive
- Competitive Compensation
- 26 paid holiday days
- Commuting to work- costs reimbursement
- Option to participate in our Pension Plan scheme OR Health insurance Compensation
- Discretionary Performance Based bonus
- Laptop + Corporate Simcard
- Annual Salary Review
- Trainings, Internal Education and Dutch Language Courses
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation Package
- Regular Corporate and Social Events
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and multicultural company
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)