Strategy & Transformation - Tech Engineer DescriptionJob #: 65691
Are you an expert when it comes to solving complex technical issues?
Do you have a knack of exploring new tools & technologies?
Do you have proven ability to drive technological research initiatives?
Currently we are looking for a Strategy & Transformation - Tech Engineer for our Wroclaw office.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
We provide an autonomy in exploring new tools and technology which, in turn, help us solve various critical issues and streamline processes in the bank. This benefits our senior leadership in crucial decision making and predicting upcoming opportunities. As a Tech Engineer, besides core engineering, you will be responsible for R&D function that will evaluate new technologies and approaches that help drive platform innovation towards achieving mission goals. He/she will also play a key role in applying the platform thinking approach to solving complex problems in new domains.
- Brainstorm on complex technical issues and provide effective solutions
- Research on new tools & technologies and develop proof of concept on them to demonstrate ability and usage
- Show strong leadership skills to work across functional areas and other technology teams and conduct technological analysis and research on relevant tools & technologies
- Think strategically, develop business cases and bring creative solutions to overcome modern business challenges
- Innovate on solutions with already available resources &Identify new opportunities and develop products and processes in line with cutting edge technologies
- Ability to Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally 8 to 10 years of hands-on experience with Solution Development
- Expertise in Cloudera services like HDFS, Impala, Hive, Spark, kafka etc
- Good knowledge on Hadoop Data Storage Formats like row based, columnar formats
- Proficient in HiveQL, Spark SQL queries
- Proficient with languages like Python, Scala etc
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure Services, Databricks, AKS, Service Mesh, DevOps and Analytics
- Possess the Cloud technical expertise in Azure to architect and engineer projects
- Design and code cloud native solutions and perform hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Ability to convert business requirements into cloud solutions, work with a distributed team to implement the solutions
- Stay apprised of new developments in cloud native development, adopt new technologies like Machine learning and be open to new ideas & be flexible to work in different technologies
- Be a strong communicator and can explain technical concepts to your teams and clients
- Ability to solve complex issues, good at problem statement analysis and solution design thinking
- Capable of understanding requirements and translating this into products and services
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Mentoring programs with experts that will help you to grow
- Discount on Apple products up to 10%
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted