Linux / Unix Systems Engineer DescriptionJob #: 65692
Do you have a knack for technology?
Are you at your best when supporting others?
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment?
Currently we are looking for a Linux / Unix Systems Engineer for our Wroclaw office.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
We provide world class operational support to existing tenants and are working towards onboarding more with the focus on enhancing the technologies which will benefit the various businesses within the bank. The Poland team is a part of global setup located in London, Pune, Nashville and Switzerland providing 24x5.5 support. A strong emphasis is placed on identifying and implementing improvements to resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and other potential areas for optimization. The team works seamlessly with colleagues, developers, business analysts and project managers to identify and implement improvements to support procedures and tools to further enhance the availability and stability of this mission critical platform.
- Support a high profile multi tenanted platform
- Uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
- Contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
- Define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
- Responsible for all aspects of incident resolution including impact analysis, root cause
- Identification, escalation management, and effective communication with internal stakeholders
- Previously worked in an environment providing continuity and stability in a global production organization
- Experience in managing and resolving production issues in a timely manner to minimize impact
- Managed change and risk to co-ordinate software releases into production
- Reviewed and influenced design, architecture, standards and methodologies across a distributed platform and infrastructure technology stack
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- A good understanding of Linux/Unix experience
- Previous/hands on work experience With Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka and Elastic Search
- Good to have exposure to Reinfer, Flink and Machine learning
- Some exposure to cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure/AWS will be an added advantage
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Mentoring programs with experts that will help you to grow
- Discount on Apple products up to 10%
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted