Senior Experience Designer DescriptionJob #: 65774
EPAM CONTINUUM partners with the world’s leading companies to imagine, design and engineer customer experiences & technology that transform businesses. As part of EPAM’s Digital Strategy & Experience Design team, the Senior Experience Designer plays an important role in designing solutions that we bring to our clients. The right candidate is collaborative, experienced, professional, and highly motivated to constantly up their design game, and that of the team that they work with. This individual will be joining a large but tight-knit team: big egos and spotlight seekers need not apply!
This role demands deep level of understanding of design process from research, leveraging those insights to design user centric solutions and all the way through implementation level design to make it real. The senior designer brings his/her expertise, applies best practices and thought leadership and senior stakeholder communication skills to create better alignment in their shared vision of what their design solution is meant to achieve.
Senior Experience Designer effectively aligns the voice of users and business to the design process. He/ She is an advocate of user-led approach to shape purpose and success of the design solution with that of business objectives and technology.
This role requires to work in an agile delivery model, proactively collaborates with lead consultant on defining overall design direction and is accountable for all the design deliverables. As a Senior Exp. Designer, you will leverage design thinking methodologies, bring expertise and capabilities covering end to end user experience design spectrum from, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design to deliver detailed design and work very closely with other EPAM team members such as business analysts, front-end developers to make sure the designs are intrinsic part of requirements definition and also implemented as they are envisioned.
Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success;
Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments;
Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity;
Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs;
Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- In depth understanding of the design process, and how it fits in to an agile delivery methodology
- Innovative and contemporary design approach with a strong portfolio that reflects a depth and breadth of experience
- Unique design voice and the ability to help more junior designers find and express theirs in a project
- A systems-thinker who can comprehend the holistic vision and journeys at the same time proficient in designing detailed experiences across various channels
- Strong grasp of information architecture principles, categorization schemes, content/page hierarchy, taxonomy or similar
- A tendency leaning toward interactive prototyping over heaps of interaction design documentation
- Works very closely with project leadership and team
- Strong time management skills, able to lead a stream and deliver to success
- Experience owning and taking accountability for the design from concept to implementation
- Natural collaborator who seeks opportunities to include members of other teams
- Strong communication & presentation skills that extend from internal team to client-facing
- A good storyteller, ability to articulate and communicate concepts rooted in sound design rationale
- Proactive, empathetic and inclusive
- Naturally solution-oriented and able to quickly adapt and offer ideas as project needs change
- Mindset of a project manager with an understanding of the SDLC process and agile, a plus
- Being data literate and with past experience applying data to improve their design, a plus
- Past experience contributing to pitch decks and other pre-sales documents, a plus
- Native Cantonese and English fluency, a must
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization