Senior Software Engineer (Back-End/Node.js) DescriptionJob #: 74850
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Do you have an advanced level of knowledge of various coding methodologies, practices and tools? Are you an experienced Node.js Developer with excellent communication and problem-solving skills?
Then you have a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, architects, designers and strategists at EPAM.
We put our clients and their customers’ needs at the forefront of everything we do; so that we can truly enhance the experience and solve problems. We partner with the senior teams of world-class brands across a range of industries, we’re always expanding our knowledge and challenging our clients and ourselves. We never stand still.
Flexible and WFH opportunities are available for applicants based in the UK.
What You’ll Do
- Actively participate in designing, developing applications and Micro-services, REST APIs, Swagger documentation
- Support in the implementation of different types of backend functionalities described in design documents
- Manage sections of ongoing projects, help to manage individual teams, closely adhere to deadlines
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and customer requirements
- Using design and coding best practices to build high-quality components and solutions
- Perform unit, integration, performance testing
- Participate in peer level code reviews
- Follow and promote best practices
- Help identify, escalate, resolve any technical issues and problems that might occur
- Mentor more junior developers and participate in technical interviews if required
- The role demands skills in Agile team organization and delivery, database and coding skills plus the ability to maintain an ongoing discussion with the stakeholders and partners
What You Have
- 5 years’ experience in back-end development with at least 2 years’ experience working with Node.js developer
- Experience in working in a SCRUM team
- Experience with most of the technologies listed below
- Test Driven Development
- Experience in Frontend development which interacts with REST API
- Good knowledge and understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- The ideal candidate should have a broad understanding of various coding methodologies, testing practices, and tools and know when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
Nice to have
- Experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period