Senior Software Engineer (Ruby On Rails) DescriptionJob #: 82986
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever — a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. We care about your development and to support your growth in the company, there are many career paths you can follow. Some of the positions you can grow into are Lead Software Engineer or any of our Advanced Engineering positions.
What You’ll Do
- As a Ruby on Rails Senior Software Engineer, you are expected to work with Ruby on Rails and Go, helping build microservices and backend code primarily, and to be able to do some basic frontend work, such as building a quick admin console. :
- Design and develop particular features or non-functional requirements (coding, configuring existing functionality, re-factoring, etc.) based on business requirements and architecture adhering to the software quality requirements.
- Develop unit and integration tests.
- Manually test developed solutions when it is necessary.
- Document produced code.
- Develop fixes for defects found by internal or customer QA.
- Conduct re-factorings and continuous code improvement.
What You Have
- +5 years of practical experience in programming technologies and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Mastery in Ruby on Rails and Go.
- Experience building UML diagrams.
- Understand business requirements and customer needs.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed applications development, quality requirements and methods to meet them.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English (at least B2 level).
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries