Senior Software Engineer (Android) DescriptionJob #: 82997
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever — a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Software Engineer – Android. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. We care about your development and to support your growth in the company, there are many career paths you can follow.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the client’s business model in order to implement an effective technological solution that generates a positive impact on the end-users and the organization in general
- Guide the client in the selection of the best technological path to take, in order to meet or exceed their needs
- Work in collaboration with team members and the different business and technology areas to effectively respond to any queries raised and provide information that may support product development
- Seek creative solutions for any client issues, both proactively and reactively
- Ensure that applications are end-user friendly
- Predict potential problems in backend integration and the maintenance of the application or website
- Analyze, design and develop web portals and mobile applications from the perspective of a client in a distributed system
- Design products that guarantee compatibility with multiple devices
What You Have
- Production experience with building mobile apps for Android using Kotlin
- Have experience executing application testing
- Excellent written and spoken English (B2+ level).
Nice to have
- Relevant experience in production with AWS, Docker / Kubernetes
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries