Lead Data Engineer - Azure Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Lead Data Engineer - Azure DescriptionJob #: 86773
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We’re looking to strengthen our Azure Data and Analytics capabilities in the Netherlands.
Under a Data Analytics program, EPAM is helping a customer to build a Data Analytics platform based on Azure Cloud, migrate existing data pipelines (IBM Netezza, Oracle reporting) and visualization to the new platform, connect new data sources and build new data products and set up Data Governance processes and policies.
As a Lead Data Engineer of data migration work stream, you will guide and coach customer's and third party engineers in the process of moving their pipelines from IBM Netezza platform to newly built Azure cloud platform.
In collaboration with EPAM’s Azure Cloud Architect and Lead Architect and our customer's Technical Lead, you will need to establish a scalable migration process and create a playbook for developers to follow.
- Migrate existing data pipelines to a new platform
- Coach engineers in the migration process by creating a playbook they can follow
- Support the development of a new platform by providing technical requirements to support the migration
- Hands-on contribution into the migration of data pipelines and new data & analytics use-cases development
- 5+ years of production data engineering experience
- Production experience on data projects in Azure cloud (ADF, Azure DevOps, Databricks, Synapse)
- Professional/Fluent level of English is a must (Dutch is a nice to have)
Nice to have
- IBM Netezza
- Power BI
- Oracle Reporting
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Experience coaching small teams
- Competitive Compensation
- 26 paid holiday days
- Commuting to work- costs reimbursement
- Pension Plan scheme
- Discretionary Performance Based bonus
- Laptop + Corporate Simcard + Corporate Mobile Device (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Annual Salary Review
- Trainings, Internal Education and Dutch Language Courses
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation Package
- Regular Corporate and Social Events
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and multicultural company
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Certain benefits and perks may be subject to eligibility requirements