Our customer is a primary ticket outlet and distribution company based in different US locations - Seattle, Los Angeles, Scottsdale with operations in many countries around the world.
The team works in various business domains to bring the customers to a success: complex e-commerce solutions, banking, sport, logistics, project and people management, etc. It designs and develops high loaded web-based services and applications for desktop, tablets, mobile, and custom in-store (Kiosk) devices. The team participates in pre-sale activities, creating real data working prototypes, using cutting-edge technologies.
Developing solution (Interchange Controller) targeted to de-normalize raw data based on relational databases and store to Cassandra table. Such activity corresponds knowledge of Spark or any other relevant experience.
The project aimed to increase availability of ticketing data so fans can reliably enter stadiums and concert venues.
- Re-architecture existing solutions using Kafka messaging system and CQRS approach
- Aggregation and transition of data via Kafka Streams functionality
- Replication to Cassandra for the future use by another API clients
- Introduction of high-load compliance
Project technologies and tools
- Spring Boot
- Rest API, envoy, ambassador
- Data Streaming, Kafka, Streaming API
- Casandra, Spark
- Docker, AWS, Terraformer
- 3+ years’ Java development experience
- Strong expertise in Java Core
- Experience with Spring Framework (core, MVC, Integration)
- Extensive experience in building scalable, high-performance distributed systems, systems that deal with large data volumes, n-tier, client/server, cluster and load balanced architectures, web applications
- Would be a great plus: Spark
- Nice to have experience with Kafka, Flink, Cassandra
- At least intermediate English level (B1+)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours