This position offers an excellent opportunity for motivated developers to join one of the largest companies which dominates the market of financial data processing and delivery. The huge solution of the company is a great opportunity for an individual to learn one of the smartest design principles of gigantic architecture, and also an opportunity to contribute and improve those solutions.
You will be working in a multicultural team, alongside professionals located in different countries specializing in various fields that cover the entire spectrum of software engineering.
You will have the opportunity to utilize your knowledge and experience to contribute to a development of an enormous project and take it to the next level.
Our customer is responsible for collecting, processing, and delivering financial market data to more than 40 000 clients located in more than 190 countries. Our customer ensures fast and accurate delivery of financial data to its clients, along with analyzing different aspects of financial markets including but not limited to risk analysis, changes, crashes, etc.
One of the main goals and top priorities is ensuring correctness and low latency for data delivery. The core of the project is implemented in C++ (along with C++11), however a lot of other technologies are used for different purposes, such as Python for automating and testing some pieces, Java and PHP for server-side actions. The project is in the process of migrating to Amazon cloud services.
- Improving and maintaining legacy code along with developing new features from scratch
- Communicating with the customer and adapting according to the business needs
- Investigating, debugging and fixing issues in the development, QA and production environments
- Developing technical documentation as needed
- Working alongside team members located in different countries and time zones
- Demonstrating a proactive approach while discussing possible solutions for the current context
- Adapting to possible snap changes caused by business needs
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
- 3+ years of C/C++ (C++11) development experience
- Strong knowledge in Linux: shell scripting, process management, multi-threading, operating systems
- Understanding of Linux build tools and architecture
- Knowledge of large-scale application architecture and design
- Understanding of Agile processes and continuous integration practices (Jira, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- English level sufficient to communicate directly with the customer (preferably B1/B2)
Nice to have
- Basic Network programming experience: TCP, UDP
- Background in Clouds (AWS)
- Experience with Python
- Comfortable collaborating with team members in different time zones
- Ability to evaluate various development methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, Waterfall based on project requirements
- Self-motivated individual with a passion for technology
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Social package – medical care, sports, family care
- Free English classes
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events