Principal Engineer DescriptionJob #: 50680
Are you passionate about technology and its application in Financial Services? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative digital solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams as a Principal Engineer to deliver high profile solutions across our FS portfolio.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do.
EPAM is recruiting for an individual with established hands-on experience of designing and implementing modern digital delivery solutions in headless and de-coupled architectures using distributed agile engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in evaluating the different approaches to building and delivering solutions, effectively communicating the pros and cons, and putting forward the solution that best fits the needs of a given requirement and aligns with the overall technology strategy. These should include Scrum, Hybrid Pods, SAFe, and LeSS.
The Principal Engineer will maintain hands-on technical development skills, acting as a servant leader, coach and mentor to engineering teams. They will also be confident operating at an enterprise level, ensuring that multiple delivery streams are aligned from an engineering and architectural perspective.
- Support development of technology strategy and product offerings for Account Managers by integrating EPAM
- Provide technical leadership in responding to sales opportunities, including RfPs
- Identify areas for technological advancement and maintaining excellent engineering standards
- Provide technical leadership to the UK engineering practice, including full-stack, dev in test, cloud/DevOps, and data engineers
- Mentor key engineers and identify requirements for skills development
- Supervise and work with engineers supporting, developing and nurturing talent
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Draw on the wider technical expertise across the global organisation to achieve optimal technical performance
- Develop and maintain client network and relationships with senior level client counterparts (e.g. functional area CTO)
- Extensive hands-on software engineering background, which should include experience with multiple technologies, business domains, programming languages and frameworks
- 8+ years of experience with Java and/or .Net, Azure or AWS, Spring technologies (boot, security, etc), security (Oauth, JWT, etc), Gradle or equiv, TDD/BDD and CI/CD, NodeJS/NPM, JS FE (Angular, React, Redux, etc)
- Full-Stack with experience driving full automation of dev chain, creating hackathons and meetups
- Leader of geographically dispersed engineering teams delivering platform-based and bespoke digital solutions that operate at scale
- Takes responsibilities for managing and updating data models, data architecture, dictionaries, configuration and reference catalogues
- Works within architectural forums to contribute and lead digital delivery across wider enterprise implementation
- Partners with business, programme and project teams to identify requirements and architecting solutions and design patterns that meet the business needs
- Excellent communicator, likely gained from background at consulting/SI organisations, able to put forward compelling technical direction/ vision and explain this across various stakeholders
- Establishes, leads and manages the engineering patterns for delivery across multiple streams
- Excellent experience with React and node.js, micro-services, headless and API-first architectures, and other modern delivery technologies and patterns
- Familiar with Internal Open Source principals and experience executing lean delivery over multiple locations
- Builds and leads agile teams including DevSecTestOps, CI/CD, cloud deployment, test automation, TDD, BDD
- Experience at migrating from monolith systems (e.g. Oracle Commerce or SAP Hybris) to microservices, in an enterprise environment, would be a bonus
What We Offer
- We offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including:
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period