Senior System Engineer DescriptionJob #: 51641
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
We are currently looking for experienced Google Cloud Engineers who can work under the direction of our client in staff augmentation mode, to perform Google Cloud Platform (GCP) improvement initiatives, including enhanced orchestration, optimization and automation. To be considered for the role you should be experienced in GCP DevOps, CI/CD processes, toolsets and optimization.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
At this project, we see DevOps as a methodology that unites operations and development to automate everything. Our team advocates for, facilitates, and builds a DevOps culture and Infrastructure.
With your help we will further our foundational framework for continuous delivery, accelerate product development, and guarantee sound governance across teams.
DevOps Engineer (Automation) will be responsible for all aspects of the code deployment conveyor belt, from SCM check-in through production deployment.
- Help build out an entirely new Continuous Delivery ecosystem, including automated and auto scaling systems
- Build and support Automation for deployment of various components of the product ecosystem
- Work with the Operations team to build production deployment processes & systems
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards
- Help with development of upcoming and ongoing release orchestration work piece. 900 Pds of backlog to be addressed
- Fastrack the Orchestration flow development to deliver all orchestration flows by Dec’20
- Hands on experience on Activiti Workflow development
- Also be able to provide consultative expertise to create a short and long term strategy and roadmap to improve the level of automation, scale the cloud technical operations, and reduce the amount of manual labor related to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) deployments, to ultimately more effectively support the business operations of our client and its end customers
- Highlight the most labor intensive processes/tasks
- Highlight gaps in the CI/CD processes/pipeline, cloud engineering principles, and cloud application deployment/release deficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all the phases of the software development life cycle
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Knowledge of Alfresco Activity for automation and deployment
- Knowledge of system deployment & management systems (Chef/Puppet/Salt) and Jenkins
- Familiarity with both public cloud providers (AWS, Google Compute)
- Familiarity with CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux
- Development Tools – GIT(Stash), Jira, Confluence, VersionOne, Artifactory, Gradle, Grunt
- Ability to write in multiple languages including Python, Java, Ruby, and Bash scripting
- Familiarity with Java build tools - Gradle, Ant, Maven
- Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools
- Exposure to Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Excellent Debugging / Troubleshooting skills
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Team-oriented, meticulous, rigorous, attention to details, strong customer focus
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted