Senior Data Engineer DescriptionJob #: 77375
You are curious, persistent, logical, and clever — a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Data Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing, and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. We care about your development and to support your growth in the company, there are many career paths you can follow. Some of the positions you can grow into are Lead Data Engineer or Data Solution Architect.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement innovative analytical solution using Hadoop, NoSQL, and other Big Data related technologies, evaluating new features and architecture in Cloud/On-premises/Hybrid solutions
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture to help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with architects, technical leads, and key individuals within other functional groups
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solution
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure it meets best practice specifications
- Build and foster a high-performance engineering culture, mentor team members, and provide team with the tools and motivation
- Write project documentation
What You Have
- Solid knowledge in programming languages: Phyton, Java or Scala
- Deep understanding of SQL queries, joins, stored procedures, relational schemas; SQL optimization
- Relevant experience using Batch/streaming data - Apache Spark and PySpark
- Cloud experience with AWS/Azure/GCP
- English proficiency (B1+)
Nice to have
- Experience using Snowflake
- Experience working with Hadoop and Kafka
- Learning Culture - We want you to be the best version of yourself, that is why we offer unlimited access to learning platforms, a wide range of internal courses, and all the knowledge you need to grow professionally
- Health Coverage - Health and wellness are important, that is why we have you and up to four family members in a premiere health plan. We have a couple of options, so you can choose what is best for you and your family
- Visual Benefit - Seeing your work for us would be a sight for sore eyes. We want your vision to always be at 100% which is why we offer up to $200.000 COP for any visual health expenses
- Life Insurance Plan - We have partnered with MetLife to offer a full-coverage Ife insurance plan. So, your family is covered, even if you are gone
- Medical Leave Coverage - We are one of the few companies that cover 100% of your medical leave, for up to 90 days. Your health is the most important thing to us
- Professional Growth Opportunities - We have designed a highly competitive and complete development process, where you will have all the tools to get where you have always wanted to be, personally and professionally
- Stock Option Purchase Plan - As an EPAMer you can be more than just an employee, you will also have the opportunity to purchase stock at a reduced price and become a part owner of our organization
- Additional Income - Besides your regular salary, you will also have the chance to earn extra income by referring talent, being a technical interviewer, and many more ways
- Community Benefit - You will be part of a worldwide community of over 50,000 employees, where you can learn, challenge yourself, stand out, and share your knowledge and experience with multicultural teams!
- Are you open to relocation? - If you want to relocate to another country and we have the right project, we will assist you every step of the way, to help you and your family, reach your new home