Senior .NET Back-End Software Engineer DescriptionJob #: 78670
Currently, we are looking for Senior Developers (Backend) to make the team even stronger.
With over twenty-five years’ experience in crafting market leading software, our business has been rapidly evolving and is now a global player in solving business challenges and developing tailor-made cutting edge solutions.
These challenges require a dynamic and highly skilled workforce imagining, designing, engineering, and delivering software, through to business consulting services & customer experiences, which are changing the world around us.
Our Developers are passionate about engineering and take a customer centric, delivery minded approach to development as part of a team of open minded, creative, and innovative individuals.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. Projects range from 20-100 people with typical large-scale clients in the Telecoms, Financial Services and Retail sector amongst others depending on demand.
We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK based Hedge Fund with aggressive growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
What You’ll Do
- Development of solutions across a wide range of problem areas in a fast-paced hedge fund environment
- Drive results, productivity, quality, and value for the client, respecting their deadlines and objectives but also being an honest, realistic and committed partner to them
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Identify and manage risks and flag major issues early
What You Have
- Strong backend development experience in C#
- Strong SQL skills, ideally Microsoft SQL Server
- Passionate about the whole delivery lifecycle and someone who takes ownership and pride in delivering productivity, quality, and innovation:
- Test driven development and Pair Programming are a plus
- Forms great team relationships, always being open minded, flexible and “non-religious” about technology choice
- Ideally one of:
- RESTful services
- Middleware such as RabbitMQ, IBM MQ, Tibco, Mule
- React or Angular front-end experience
- Scripting in PowerShell, Python or similar
- Tableau, OLAP databases, or other Business Intelligence skills
- Experience with DevOps technologies and a culture of continuous delivery
- Ideally have experience in an investment bank or asset manager / hedge fund, but this is not essential
- WORK & LIFE BALANCE. Enjoy more of your personal time with flexible & remote work options, 24 working days of annual leave and paid time off for numerous public holidays
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING CULTURE. Develop your hard & soft skills with internal training and mentorship opportunities, sponsored professional certification, and access to 18,000+ LinkedIn courses
- CLEAR & DIFFERENT CAREER PATHS. Grow in engineering or managerial direction to become a People Manager, in-depth technical specialist, Solution Architect, or Project/Delivery Manager
- GLOBAL RELOCATION OPPORTUNITIES. EPAM has presence in more than 50 countries globally. Explore opportunities to relocate to a new country, and EPAM will provide relocation support for you and your family
- COMPETITIVE BENEFITS. Benefit from a competitive salary, private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, special discount programs, plus, internal wellbeing programs to take your career to the next level
- STRONG PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY. Join a global EPAM community of highly skilled experts and connect with them to solve challenges, exchange ideas, share expertise and make friends
- EPAM is the foremost global digital transformation services provider with over 55,600 EPAMers in more than 50 countries. Since 1993, our multidisciplinary teams have been helping make the future real for our clients and communities around the world. In 2018, we opened an office in Spain that quickly grew to over 1,500 EPAMers distributed between the Málaga office and remotely across the country. Here you will collaborate with multinational teams, contribute to numerous innovative projects, and have an opportunity to learn and grow continuously