Client Account Director - Life Sciences (m/f/d) DescriptionJob #: 86093
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
EPAM has an exceptional opportunity for an Account Director to join our team in Germany and oversee the management of key client relationships within the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and MedTech industries. We are looking for someone with a strong network in this space with companies of >1B USD revenues.
You will be accountable for the growth, profitability and client satisfaction for your portfolio and closely collaborate with the delivery organisation to ensure overall smooth project delivery, and management of expectations.
This is a highly visible role where you will position yourself right at the centre of the LS/Pharma/MT business, partnering closely with our EPAM German/Western European leadership teams whilst driving core client satisfaction.
This is not a pure Sales or Business Development role.
Frankfurt is the preferred location but we may be flexible elsewhere in Germany.
You must be fluent in German and English to business level.
What You’ll Do
- Within Life Sciences encompassing Pharma or MedTech, act as an Account Director to create business strategies and successfully achieve client business goals
- Responsible for growing revenue within Life Sciences clients in alignment with EPAM Business units whilst providing support in achieving revenue and profit targets
- Build strategic relationships with client senior leadership
- Drive revenue within the client/account portfolio and opening new doors with prospective clients
- Develop strategic account plans aligned with client business goals leveraging EPAM offerings and capabilities
- Stay abreast of current and emerging Life Science trends, unique opportunities and challenges of the markets and geographies in which the clients operate, and how it affects clients’ business and initiatives
- Shape solutions and properly scope/price engagements, establishing optimal operating models, leading the transition from the sales process to the delivery phase
- Responsible for the Account team organisation while developing effective relationships with EPAM Senior Leadership, BU heads, Solution SMEs, and Sales and Delivery Leaders
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with external partners to maximize growth within an account/client portfolio
- Support sales/pre-sales activities by assessing opportunities, lead key RFP responses and proposals creation and presentation
- Establish relationships with clients and prospective clients, and help close new deals
- Extensive experience in the Pharma or MedTech sector
- Strong network in this space with companies of >1B USD revenues
- Strong experience in Account Management or Account Partner roles in Germany
- Successful track record in building client relationships, deal shaping and negotiation
- Proven track record in managing a business volume of at least $10M per year
- Industry knowledge in at least one of the key Life Sciences areas:
- Pharma: Research and Drug development, Operations, Commercialization and Marketing
- MedTech: R&D, Medical Device Software, Diagnostics, Devices
- Digital Health: Wearables, telemedicine & treatment, healthcare apps
- Fluency in both German (must-have) and English, written and spoken
- BA or BS degree in:
- o computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or pharmaceutical chemistry
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis (up to 30%)
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 30 days holiday per annum
- Company Pension Scheme
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular performance assessments
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Friendly and enjoyable working team
- Relocation package support
- Regular corporate and social events
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- All benefits and perks are subject to specific eligibility requirements
Why join EPAM
- Work across markets and verticals and gain exposure to a great variety of projects and cutting-edge technologies
- Become part of a global community of 60,250 well-connected experts across 50+ countries: enjoy a career without borders within an international environment and relocation opportunities
- Carve your career path: as the Fastest-Growing IT Services Company in the Fortune 100 List, EPAM is committed to help you discover your fullest potential by creating career plans that best suit you and your future plans
- EPAM Germany was named a Top Company 2022 & 2023 by Kununu for its people centric culture built on life-long learning