Lead Data Software Engineer (Azure) DescriptionJob #: 92112
In this role you will:
• Work on the team responsible for Data Engineering including design, development, and creating a data product to help commercial data and analytics products.
• Participate in strategy and design discussion for modernizing the data product and distribution channels.
• Drive the entire software development lifecycle process in support of continuous data delivery, while leading the evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
This position will require advanced technical depth and experience, technical leadership, and multi-faceted communication skills.
- Provide partnership and support to SME’s and Tech Leads to ensure delivery on commitments
- Build and maintain secure and compliant production data processing pipelines by using different tools and techniques (cloud services, Python/Scala)
- Ensure that data pipelines and data stores are high-performing, efficient, organized, and reliable, given a set of business requirements and constraints. They deal with unanticipated issues swiftly, and they minimize data loss
- Design, implement, monitor, and optimize data platforms to meet the data pipelines needs
- Design and implement data engineering, ingestion, and curation functions on Azure cloud using Azure native or custom programming. Create data transformation and loading workflows
- Responsible for data-related implementation tasks that include provisioning data storage services, ingesting streaming, and batch data, transforming data, implementing security requirements, implementing data retention policies, identifying performance bottlenecks, and accessing external data sources
- Design and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more Azure data and analytics services
- Implement data solutions that use the following Azure services: Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure Blob storage, Microsoft Purview etc
- Responsible for integrating, transforming, and consolidating data from various structured and unstructured data systems into a structure that is suitable for building analytics solutions
- Depending on seniority, relevant experience in Data Platforms (in Financial Services industry) and Azure’s PaaS offerings (Synapse, Purview, ADF, Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage etc.)
- Strong experience with Azure: Synapse Analytics, Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Microsoft Purview, Monitor, SQL Database, SQL Managed Instance, Stream Analytics, Cosmos DB, Storage Services, ADLS, Azure Functions, Log Analytics, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates
- Proficient in data processing languages such as SQL, JAVA, C# or Scala
- Strong notions of security best practices (e.g., using Azure Key Vault, IAM, RBAC, Monitor etc.)
- Proficient in integrating, transforming, and consolidating data from various structured and unstructured data systems into a structure that is suitable for building analytics solutions
- Understand the data through exploration, experience with processes related to data retention, validation, visualization, preparation, matching, fragmentation, segmentation, and enhancement
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period
- EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential